As part of the initial meeting to iron out the activities and agreement of the project we were hosted in Turkey by our Turkish partner İncirliova Gençlik Kültür, Sanat ve Gelişim Derneği (INCIRLIOVA YOUTH CULTURE, ART AND DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION)
As part of the weeklong meet we engaged in a range of healthy living activities as part of the Wholesome Program.
Who are İncirliova Gençlik Kültür, Sanat ve Gelişim Derneği ?
İncirliova Gençlik Kültür, Sanat ve Gelişim Derneği are an founded in Turkey to contribute to the improvement of youth policies, to provide support and solidarity among youth, to encourage entrepreneurship spirits, to help them to acquire knowledge, skills and competence, to be able to work in disadvantaged areas all over the country. It was established with the aim of supporting, designing and carrying out studies aimed at contributing to collective harmony among young people.
Objectives of the NGO:
- To develop systems that can be included in the decision-making processes of all sections of the society, especially those with disabilities, immigrants, disadvantaged communities.
- To create activities that will enable young people to develop national and international social responsibility projects to solve country problems and to support young people in their projects
- To prepare and participate in national and international social projects for young people and disadvantaged young people (young people with physical or mental disabilities with geographical or other reasons), to carry out these projects with young people
- To conduct international activities, to become a member of associations or organizations abroad and to cooperate with these organizations, to help or to provide participants
- To increase quality in education, to provide cultural dialogue and to promote language learning, to organize training courses for educational programs and to cooperate with European Union countries and other countries
- To inform and encourage information about entrepreneurship.
- To prepare regional development, international projects and EU supported (Erasmus Plus) projects, to participate as partners or associates in these projects and to send participants.
- To support innovative projects aimed to reduce disparities in learning outcomes affecting learners from disadvantaged backgrounds/with fewer opportunities – including learners with disabilities